May 17, 2013

The "Sight" Video: A Scary, Creepy Look Into The (Maybe) Near Future Of Augmented Reality

This "Sight" video is made by Eran May-raz and Daniel Lazo whom are graduates of Bezalel Academy of Art and Design in Jerusalem. This video is about a man named Patrick S. He works for a company called Sight Systems and he goes through his daily routine life in his apartment. He plays games, cooks dinner, watches TV and chooses his wardrobe all with the use of his optical in-plants displaying the augmented reality.

It seems that everybody on the planet is using them because he goes out on a dinner-date with a women named Daphne and she has them also.

They talk with each other while he uses a game-like app called "Wingman" in order the get the most optimal dating response from her.

The dinner-date goes well, she goes back to his apartment, sit down and have a drink, but as shes viewing his augmented reality walls. She sees his "achievement" wall (kind of like an XBOX 360 achievement system) and notices the Wingman achievement.


Sight from Sight Systems on Vimeo.

She gets disgusted by the fact that Patrick used an app on their date and decided to head home instead of being with a "game junkie".

But.. Here is the scariest part. As she's walking away he gives her the command to wait, she stops dead in her tracks, he accesses her profile in which he's giving her new commands and then he says "lets try this again"

Sends a chill up my spine.

Scary to think that this might be soon a reality for everybody but I know that I wouldn't want that in my head. I want my God given free will, not somebodies robot.  I'll stick with interacting with the real world and turn on my XBOX 360 when I want to and not having an augmented reality on all the time. Especially now that Google is toying with the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZczX6qleV4Q
 
Eran and Daniel made this high production value video most likely with a Adobe product, not sure, but I could probably bet that they did and I would like to know with what.

Enjoy the video and I will see you guys later.

KurlyD
Web Analytics